Importance and complete knowledge of Higher Secondary
Higher Secondary education is also known as intermediate/ 10+2/ HSC. It is a centralized examination for all students. After this stage, students are eligible to complete their bachelor's or master’s level of education. The higher secondary education is primarily offered by private as well as government schools. India is the most rapidly changing country, which is providing the highest quality education for its future prosperity.
No matter, whether a student wants to do either engineering or any bachelor’s degree, to apply in this course a candidate must have an intermediate or higher secondary degree for it.
What is the higher secondary education?
In India, higher secondary education begins after eight years of elementary education. It is divided into two years of classes, i.e. class XI and class XII. The higher secondary certificate is also called as HSC or Intermediate or 10+2/ +2. It is a public examination and taken by students of intermediate colleges such as Nepal, India, Bangladesh, etc. There are also different stages of this exam like Kerala, Punjab, Gujarat, Bihar, Maharashtra, Goa, Telangana, and many more. The examination structure differs from one board to another board.
There is a total of 31 states available for this exam. The exam higher secondary are affiliated to either the state board or national boards.
State Government Boards
(NIOS) National Institute of Open Schooling Boards
( CISCE) Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination
(CBSE) Central Board Of Secondary Education Board
Let’s understand each board one by one.
CBSE( Central Board of Secondary Education)
The central Boards of Secondary Education is a national education board in India. This board conducts examinations for private as well for regular students. The board also provides distance mode for education, so the students who want to pursue schooling through distance mode then can apply for the admission and can sit for the exams. After class 10th, CBSE provides various subjects to its students these subjects are Commerce, Humanities, and Science stream.
After completing 12th, students can apply for admissions to various universities or colleges to pursue higher education. Apart from this, there are also government exams available after completing +2 educations.
The State Board is another type of board which offers higher secondary education. Every state has its own board and provides education for the students. The mode of every state board is different like up board provides subjects and syllabus in Hindi, same as other boards have its subjects and syllabus in other languages.
CISCE (Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations)
CISCE is also a national level board of higher school education board. This education conducts by the Indian certificate of secondary education for the class X and XII respectively. It is a non governmental board of school education which is conducted by the Constitution of India. This board came in 1986, and the medium of this board is English medium.
National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS)
The NIOS board of education comes under the (UGI) Union Government of India. This board first came in the year 1989 and was established by the Ministry of Human Resource and Development to provide flexible learning for the students. This board is similar to the CISCE and CBSE board. The board conducts exams twice a year, i.e. in the month of March to April and September to October.
Apart from these national boards, there are also many state boards available that exist in different states. The list of these state boards is as follows:
- ISC ( Indian School Certificate)
- ICSE ( Indian School Certificate Examinations)
- UP Board (Uttar Pradesh Board of High School and Intermediate Education)
- HPBOSE ( Himachal Pradesh Board Of School Education)
- JKBOSE ( Jammu and Kashmir State Board Of School Education)
- MPBSE ( Madhya Pradesh Board of Secondary Education)
- RBSE ( Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education)
- CGBSE ( Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education)
- PSEB ( Punjab School Education Board)
- MSBSHSE ( Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education)
- BSEAP ( Andra Pradesh Board of Secondary Education)
- BSEH ( Haryana Board of School Education)
- BIEAP ( Andra Pradesh Board Of Intermediate Education)
- BSEB ( Bihar School Examination Board)
- WBCHSE ( West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education)
- GSEB ( Gujrat Secondary And Higher Secondary Education Board)
- WBBSE ( West Bengal Board of Secondary Education)
All types of the stream for Higher Secondary
After completing class 10th, a student needs to decide which stream he or she wants to make a career. To choose this stream is the golden moment for every student when a student has to choose between the three streams. The three streams are Science, commerce, or Arts or Humanities. Student can select any one stream from these all these streams. This is the most important time, when a student have to select their career.
After completing high school a Commerce stream is one of the most popular choices in India because this stream offers a wide arena of career options. This commerce stream offers good career options, either in the government or private sectors. After the completion of the intermediate in commerce stream, students can go with multiple
Education options such as B.Com, BBA, B.Com (Honors), etc.
Major subjects under commerce stream:
Science can be defined as one of the best systematic fields. This stream has a vast field and concerns almost everything that helps to make your career. Everything in the world can be studied if any student has a science stream in their intermediate. The Science stream is divided into two parts one is PCM (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) and the second is PCB (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology). After the completion of intermediate in science with maths can go with B.Sc, BCA, B.Sc (H), B. Tech and many other fields.
Some Major subjects under the Science Stream Are:
Define humanities is really a difficult task. But, it can be said that it is an academic discipline which is deals with the study of “Human Condition”. It is utilizing many methodologies which are usually analytical, superlative, and critical. There are so many subjects available that are come under humanities like law, religion, literature, arts, performing, languages, communication, psychology, sociology, anthropology, and many other subjects.
Go with the humanities stream after class high school would enable a student that he or she can make their career in multiple areas.
Major Subjects under Arts Stream:
Higher Secondary Results
The results of higher secondary education depend on the states. As every state conduct exam in different time such as CBSE and ICSE conduct their exam between the month of February to April and declare the results in the month of May or June. There is no fixed time for the result of the higher secondary exam.
Department of Higher Education
The Department of higher education is a department which oversees all higher education in India. The department of higher education comes under the Ministry of Education. This department has detailed information about various organizations such as language education, higher education, universities, scholarships, technical education, distance learning program, and many more organizations. The department of higher education is responsible for every development of the higher education sector infrastructure, in both terms of planning and policies. This department looks at the expansion of access and quantitative improvements in education, with the help of colleges, universities, and other other Institutions.
- The main objective of this department is to provide greater opportunities for the educational sector.
- The department of education expands access with the help of supporting existing institutions and establishes new institutions.
- It also supports state government and non government organizations and helps to remove all imbalanced activities of the organizations.
- The department of education initiates new policies and programs for the public or private institutions.
- This also promotes and improves the quality of higher secondary education by investing in the infrastructure and faculty.
- Functions of the Department of Higher Education
- Use the latest technologies in the higher education.
- Helps to improve quality and promote all academic reforms
- Enhance the Gross Enrolment ratio
- Promote the participation of the sections of the organization whose GER is lower than the national average
- Provide international collaboration in the field of education
- Increase the Development of all Indian languages
- Provide and set up new educational institutes and also improves existing institutions
The department of higher education is divided into eight bureaus, and almost all the work of the department is handled with the help of these bureaus.
- Indian Council of Historical Research
- Indian Council of Social Science Research
- University Grant Commission
- Indian Council of Philosophical Research
- Central universities
- All India Survey of Higher Education
- Indian Institute of Advanced Studies