Students who have a bachelor's degree from a recognized university can adopt this course.
MA can be pursued in various forms of specialization such as- Psychology, History, Music, Theology, Literature, French, Kannada, Sanskrit, etc. and M A subject depends on the area of specialization. Anyone who is good with art and wants to explore it in depth can go for this course.
With the increasing proliferation of arts and culture in all fields - be it entertainment, sports, journalism, etc., there is a great demand for professionals in this field. In addition, art has always been an attractive choice of subject among students who want to see the world creatively. Therefore the M A degree course is a very popular master’s degree in India as well as abroad.
- There are various specializations that one can choose to pursue an MA degree course, some of the more popular than others. However, various universities in India are required to graduate in the specialization with which you wish to study during the MA degree.
- The most interesting part of this course is that it is available in all languages - English, Hindi and other regional languages. Thus, candidates can take courses in any environment that suits them. M A The course is also offered in correspondence and correspondence forms.
- The MA or Master of Arts degree is derived from the Latin word "magister artium" which is a 2-year postgraduate in the fields of humanities, arts, and liberal arts.
- Students who have completed a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree with a minimum of 50% are likely to have a better career.
- Students can pursue this course in a full-time course or part-time mode. Distance education is also available in many colleges including IGNOU, which is considered to be a popular option among students for correspondence and distance education.
- M A admissions are usually done through entrance exams like TISSNET, IPU CET, PU CET, JNUEE, etc., therefore, in addition to scoring well in their bachelor's degree, students need to pursue Master of Arts A relevant entrance examination also requires qualifying admission. Degree.
MA Course Fee in India:
The average course fee for the MA course is INR 4,000 to 8000 per year. Varies may vary according to the universities/colleges you choose.
The following are the highlights of the Master of Arts (M.A.) degree program:
Master of Arts (M.A.)
Course Duration of Master of Arts [MA] is 2 Years.
Bachelor's degree in any discipline.
Minimum percentage: 45% to 55%
Rs 50,000 per Annum
No age limit
BA from Recognized University or any other Degree with required Minimum aggregate marks
Average Fees Incurred
INR 4000 - 80,000 per annum
Similar Options of Study
Average Salary Offered
INR 4.4 L per annum
Content Writer, High School Teacher, Secondary School Teacher, Primary School Teacher, HR Manager, Copy Editor, Editor, Executive Assistant, School Counselor, Data Analyst, Assistant Editor, etc.
Accenture, VIBGYOR High, International Justice Mission, HSBC, Crisil, EY (Ernst & Young), Wipro Technologies Ltd., Kotak Mahindra Bank, American Express Co. (AMEX), The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., etc
Master of Arts (M.A.) Eligibility Criteria
- This is an ideal course for those who have completed a Bachelor of Arts degree from a recognized university. But there are no mandatory criteria for implementing BAMA.
- Candidates with an undergraduate degree can apply for it. Normal cutoff 50%.
- There are some entrance exams for admission to MA by colleges or universities, then personal interview of the candidates.
- After successfully clearing these criteria, the candidate can get admission to the respective university or college.
- Minimum qualification required: Bachelor's degree in any discipline (preferably in an art subject)
- Minimum marks required: 45% to 50%, it depends on college to college
- Age Limit: Some colleges have an age limit as their admission criteria.
- Most of the colleges in the country are M.A. conduct an entrance exam for the course. Interested candidates are required to appear for the examination and must clear it to take admission in the respective M.A specialization.
- Some colleges conduct further rounds of selection, such as group discussions and personal interviews, with the aim of screening candidates for final selection.
- Most institutions shortlisted students for the course based on their performance in a relevant entrance exam.
Some institutes conduct their entrance exams for admission.
The admission process will differ from college to college. Some institutes of the country also give admission on the basis of merit marks of the candidate even at the undergraduate level.
Popular m. a. The syllabus entrance exam is as follows:
- Delhi University M.A Entrance Exam
- JNU M.A. Entrance Exam
- Christ University M.A Entrance Exam
- Azim Premji University M.A. Entrance Exam
- Punjab University Common Entrance Test
- Sri Venkateswara University Entrance Examination [svucet]
- Indira Gandhi National Open University Entrance Examination
- Alagappa University Entrance Examination
- Netaji Subhash Open University Entrance Examination
- Periyar University Entrance Examination
- Periyar University Entrance Examination
- Mumbai university entrance exam
- Nalanda open university entrance exam
- Madras University Entrance Examination
- A Master of Arts degree is a postgraduate academic master's degree awarded for a course or program in a non-scientific subject.
- It is also called MA which is an abbreviation for a Masters Degree in Arts. Doing a Master of Arts can help candidates acquire a good career prospect as well as skills such as problem-solving, decision-making, etc.
- Generally, it is a 2-year program. The program is available in various subjects including English, Hindi, and other regional languages and foreign languages.
- Typically, students choose a Master of Arts after studying Bachelor of Arts but there are no hard and fast rules when it comes to the thirst for attaining knowledge.
- Also after doing B.Sc, students do an MA. So the basic eligibility criteria are to complete a bachelor's degree.
- MA syllabus subjects that vary from university to university
- The Master of Arts degree course is conducted over 4 semesters. There are 4 or 5 papers that must be passed to achieve an MA. This master’s degree program in arts includes lectures, exams, and seminars.
Masters degrees in arts are offered across India at various universities.
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi
- Alagappa University
- Andhra University
- Assam University etc.
these all are among the top colleges for MA in India.
- The Master of Arts course is also available through correspondence or distance education.
- MA's jobs are in sectors like foreign affairs, law firms, management, news media, public works, tourism, and more.
- Candidates who want endless information on the subject chosen in the Master of Arts can continue their education and research by doing a Ph.D.
MA Courses List
MA Development Studies
Master Of Arts Education
MA Political Science
MA English Literature
MA Public Administration
MA Rural Development
MA International Relations
MA Social Work
MA Mass Communication And Journalism
The Master of Arts [MA] is a postgraduate course offered in the arts. It is one of the oldest postgraduate qualifications and offers a wide range of specializations in selected areas of the arts, humanities and social sciences.
- A two-year course is usually divided into 4 semesters, which will include a series of assessments called "units" or "modules."
- The field of study will be interesting through lectures, practical exercises, masterclasses, and seminars.
- The arts discipline that students choose teaches them how to become masters of that particular subject of study.
- Although in order to pursue a teaching career, he usually has a Ph.D. required, the Master of Arts still enjoys its own authority.
- It is also possible to obtain a Ph.D. degree. program after successful completion of the Master of Arts.
- Applicants for a master's degree are often required to complete research in a subject and submit a dissertation prior to earning a degree.
Name of the Institute
Lady Shri Ram College, New Delhi
Christ University, Bangalore
St. Stephen's College, New Delhi
Miranda House, New Delhi
Loyola College, Chennai
Madras Christian College, Chennai
Hansraj College, Delhi
Sri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi
Hindu College, New Delhi
Fergusson College, Pune
- The MA mainly relies on student-teacher interaction, mentoring, and collaboration.
- The academic workload is less than that of a Master of Science and has a strong focus on the practical and social application and use of theories and methods.
- There is tremendous freedom in the choice of loans, and the choice extends to the various schools of the university.
- By entering the master's program, students will better know the subject chosen in the bachelor's program, which will be an added advantage for them.
- Studying a master will help students understand the subject better and encourage critical thinking.
- In addition to doctoral students, the faculty is often composed of practicing professionals.
- A master's degree will expand your research ability, logical thinking, and critical analysis.
- It will also improve your ability to apply theoretical knowledge to current issues and allow you to be professional.
- Finally, problem-solving, written and oral expression, communication, and presentation skills will make job opportunities more natural than ever before.
- Since this is a master's degree, the earnings will be comparatively higher and the career growth will be very good.
- Full-time study: this is a full-fledged course on campus that provides the student with all the necessary knowledge and skills in a specific direction or subject. Colleges such as the University of Calcutta, Delhi University, Kirori Mal, Miranda House and others provide full-time Master's degree courses.
Part-time: Part-time is about making sure the course is completed with a lot of time. Most colleges provide distance learning degrees along with full-time degrees. Colleges
- such as Jamia Milia University and Jawaharlal Nehru University provide students with part-time degrees.
- Distance Education: Distance education colleges provide the opportunity to graduate while working. It is the most flexible form of degree study. Colleges such as IGNOU, Annamalai University, Karnataka State Open University, Osmania University, University of Mumbai provide distance learning opportunities for master's degrees.
There are many entrance exams that students must pass before enrolling in master's courses. These examinations can be conducted at the national, state, or university level. Following the exams, a merit list is generated and candidates who meet all the required college admission criteria are usually offered final admission to the course.
Some of the MA exams are IPU CET, JNUEE, DUET, TISSNET, PUSET, etc.
- IPU CET: This is a university-level entrance examination that is held annually in May by IP University, Delhi, for admission to many UG & PG courses, including Master of Arts degree courses.
- JNUEE: This exam is administered by Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) for admission to UG, PG, and doctoral courses. Many students prepare for this exam as JNU is renowned for its many Master's courses.The exam lasts 3 hours and includes subject questions that test the student's knowledge and understanding of the chosen subject of the course.
- The date for this exam was May 15, 2020, which was delayed due to the coronavirus and the extension of quarantine in India. The authorities will notify students by email and text message of the exam details as soon as it is accepted.
- BHU PET: This exam is a university level entrance examination conducted by Banaras Hindu University (BHU), which offers a variety of postgraduate courses in the arts, commerce, social sciences, agriculture, and the environment.
- Exam offline, medium in English, and Hindi. It is usually MCQ based and should be completed within 3 hours. The exam date has been postponed due to the coronavirus in the country. The relevant authorities will notify students of the exam date as soon as it is determined.
- PU CET: This is a state-level entrance examination that is administered by the University of Punjab, Chandigarh, offering admission to many UG & PG courses. The exam is MCQ-based and usually takes place in May or June.
DUET: The University of Delhi Entrance Exam, or DUET, is an entrance exam administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA) and offers admission to many UG, PG, M.Phil, and Ph.D. courses at the University of Delhi. The exam is conducted in
- computer mode at various exam locations in India. The exam is conducted on an MCQ basis and usually lasts 2 hours.
- TISS NET: This exam is administered by the TATA Social Science Institute to offer admission to many graduate courses. This is a 100-minute online test with 100 MCQ-based questions.
The Master of Arts degree allows you to complete the course you graduated from, so it requires some basic preparation as most exams are subject-based knowledge.
Therefore, your subject knowledge must be strong and you must have basic general knowledge. In addition, you should be comfortable answering MCQ-based questions for a limited time.
- Have a proper timetable and follow it regularly to cover the entire curriculum on time.
- Try previous and sample papers to better understand the structure of the exam.
- Review the questionnaires from the previous year to keep up with the changing model each year.
- Practice and show up for online mock tests. You are expected to run at least 8-12 mock tests to master the exam sample.
- Since almost all top colleges accept students based on their entrance exam scores, so prepare for the exam ahead of time and try to get your best results.
- Browse the top colleges and select a few where you would like to apply for a master's degree course.
- Make sure you apply for the course on time.
- Higher bachelor's marks are required for direct admission. Also, prepare well for the face-to-face interview round to impress the panelist.
Question: What is the salary of a candidate with a master's degree?
Answer: The salary of a candidate with a master's degree depends on the position chosen. The salary range is suitable for a candidate with at least 2 years of work experience together with a degree.
Answer: SEA Group of Institutions, Amity University, Jaipur, Neotia University (TNU), Kolkata, Veltech, LPU, Bhai Gurdas Group of Institutions (BGGI), Sangrur, Raffles University (RU), Nimrana are some of the colleges for master's degrees.
Answer: Teacher, Social Worker, Labor Management Specialist, Academic Counselor, Artist M.A. There are certain job roles for a candidate with a degree.