Students who want to get admission into B. Pharm and B. Tech courses at government or private college through the entrance exam they can go with WBJEE state level entrance exam. This exam is conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board. The best thing about this exam is the exam is only conducted in West Bengal state. Every year more than 8 lacs of students appear for this exam and get admission in a reputed college.
Before going with the WBJEE exam, one should know the detailed information about this entrance exam like What is eligibility criteria to apply for the exam, how to get admission in a government or private college through the exam, and many more.
Lets first understand what is the WBJEE entrance exam:
What is the WBJEE Entrance Exam?
The full form of WBJEE is West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination, it is a common state level entrance exam test that is organized by the only West Bengal joint Entrance Examination Board. In 2020, the board has conducted the exam through offline mode on the date of 2nd February 2020. There were approx 73119 students who appeared for this exam. Applicants will be eligible for the admissions into 104 government colleges and self financed technological and engineering institutes within the West Bengal state. The admission process will be offered on the basis of the candidate’s rank, through the common counseling.
Highlights of the WBJEE Exam
- WBJEE has conducted the exam in two sets of papers:
- Paper 1- Mathematics
- Paper 2- Physics and Chemistry
- Applicants who appear for both these papers paper 1 and paper 2, then they are coming under the general merit list those candidates are eligible for Pharmacy, Architecture, and engineering programs in all participating colleges.
- Aspirants who appeared in paper 2 and are awarded for Pharmacy merit list, then they are eligible for the pharmacy courses except for the Jadavpur university.
- Aspirants must have to qualify the NATA 2021/ JEE Main 2021 exam paper second for admission in the Engineering and architecture programs except for the Jadavpur university.
- The application form will be submitted only through the online mode.
- The WBJEE exam conducted through the offline mode or OMR based.
- The exam will be conducted only once in a year.
- The time duration of the exam is two hours and there are 155 objective type questions
Eligibility Criteria For WBJEE Exam
For Appearing Both Paper 1 and Paper 2
Aspirants must have to qualify for the intermediate examination with mathematics and physics along with Biotechnology/ Chemistry/ Computer Science/ Biology/ Computer application as complementary subjects with individual passing marks in theory and practical both.
Candidates must have at least 45% marks for all category candidates except reserved category. As reserved category candidates need 40% marks in all three above subjects.
Candidate must have at least 30% of marks in intermediate in the English subject.
For Appearing in both Paper 2
Aspirants must have to qualify for the 10+2 exam with Chemistry and physics along with any of one subjects like Mathematics/ Biology/ Computer Application/ Computer Science/ Biotechnology with individual passing marks in both practical as well as in theory.
Candidate must have intermediate as the regular mode of education.
Applicants must have obtained at least 45% marks for all categories of candidates in all the above subjects.
Applicants who are from the reserved category must have to at least 40% marks.
Apart from this, candidates must have passed with at least 30% of marks in English.
The applicants must be Indian, candidates from other countries will not be allowed for the WBJEE exam.
Applicants must be under 17 years of age from the date 31st December 2021 to appear for the WBJEE exam and the he or she should be born before the date 31st December 2004.
There is no upper age criteria for the WBJEE exam 2021.
For students who want to get admission in the Marine Engineering course, for this course the lower age limit is 17 years and the maximum age limit criteria is 25 years before the date o 31st December 2021.
Exam Pattern of WBJEE Exam
If applicants want to crack the exam then they need to gather all information about the WBJEE exam pattern, evaluation scheme, weightage, duration, and other important things related to the exam. The WBJEE exam will be held through the offline mode and it will have multiple-choice questions. There are two papers in WBJEE exam i.e. Paper1 and Paper 2 (Mathematics and Physics and Chemistry respectively).
There are three categories of questions category 1, category 2 and category 3.
- For category one questions there will be only one option correct option available and in this category, 1 mark will be given for every correct answer while on the other hand there will be 0.25 marks cut for every wrong answer.
- For category two questions there will be only one correct option available and for this category, 2 marks will be given for every correct answer. 0.5 marks will be cut for every wrong answer.
- For category three questions there will be more than one answer available and 2 marks will be given for every correct answer.
In the question paper, there are 50 questions from Mathematics for category 1, 15 questions for category 2, and 10 questions for category 3. The total number of questions is 75 and the total marks for the questions are 100.
There are 30 questions from Physics for category 1, 5 questions for category 2 and 5 questions for category 3. The total number of questions is 40 and the total marks of the question are 50.
There are 30 questions from the subject chemistry for category 1 candidates, 5 questions for category 2, and 5 questions for category 3. The total marks of the paper are 50 and the total number of questions is 40.
Registration Form For WBJEE
Applicants can register themselves for WBJEE 2019 application form via the official website. In registration, candidates need to enter their name, email address, contact number, and other information.
After the registration process, a candidate needs to fill the application form. For an application form, they are required to upload the signature and photograph, and other necessary documents.
After this, aspirants must have to click on the submit button.
Applicants must have to pay the application fee.
The application fee for the general category candidates will be rupees 700 and for other category candidates like ST/ SC/OBC-A/ OBC-B candidates rupees 500.
Make sure, the candidate should take proper printout of the confirmation page.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech WBJEE 2021
Candidates must have passed class 10+2 or equivalent degree with Mathematics and Physics along with other compulsory subjects such as Biotechnology, Chemistry, Technical vocational subject, Computer Science, Biology, Computer Application.
Important dates of WBJEE 2021
- WBJEE will show its official notification on the fourth week of December 2020.
- WBEE will release the application form for the year 2021 in the fourth week of December 2020.
- The last date of the application form will be in January 2021.
- The correction in the application form date will in January 2021.
- The admit card will be released in the month of February 2021 on the WBJEE official website.
- The entrance exam date will be in March 2021.
- The answer key for the entrance exam will be released on March 2021.
- The exam result declaration on the month of March 2021.
- The counseling process will start from the month of April 2021.
Admit Card For WBJEE 2021
For applicants who are going for exam, they must have to carry their WBJEE admit card along with valid ID proof. No candidate will be entertained and allowed to enter in the examination hall if they don’t have their original admit card. All the important details such as Roll Number, Name, Exam center, date, the time mentioned on the admit card.
After the successful registration of the application form, aspirants can direct download their WBJEE admit card from the official website.
Applicants will be able to download their admit card by just logging in on the official website by entering their valid registration number and password.
Participating Institutes OF WBJEE Entrance Exam
The WBJEE participating institutes are divided into multiple categories:
There are nine government universities, nine government colleges, 82 private colleges and 5 private universities taking participate in the WBJEE state level 2021 entrance exam.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
How an applicant can apply for the WBJEE exam?
Candidates who wish to get admission in WBJEE exam then can direct apply on the official website. The WBJEE does not offer offline application form.
Can a candidate fill the application form more than one time?
No, there is no candidate will be allowed who can apply more than one time for the exam.
What is the total duration of the WBJEE exam?
The total time duration of the exam is four hours, as the exam consists of 2 papers. One is Mathematics and the second is Paper 2 (Physics and chemistry). Both papers are conducted in one day by the WBJEE board.
What is the mode of exam for WBJEE?
The WBJEE is a state level entrance exam and it will only be conducted through the offline mode.
How many times a candidate can apply for the exam?
According to the WBJEE board, there are no restrictions on the number of attempts so that a candidate can apply multiple times for the entrance exam. Apart from this, there are no age criteria for the exam, except for the Marine biology course.
What is the application fee for the exam?
The application fee is divided into two parts for different category candidates.
For the general candidates, the application form fee will be INR 700.
For schedule caste/ OBC-A/ OBC-B/ ST candidates the application fee will be INR 500.
Is there any reserved seat for the defence personnel candidates?
Yes, there are 13 seats available in government engineering colleges in multiple branches for the defense personnel candidates.